Alzheimer; News from the web:
The UK government has launched the Dementia Friends scheme, which has been adapted from a similar program in Japan that recruited three million volunteers.
Meanwhile about a million people have been trained as Dementia Friend.
- Struggling to remember recent events
- Problems following conversations
- Forgetting the names of friends or objects
- Repeating yourself
- Problems with thinking or reasoning
- Confusion in familiar places
Sessions in workplaces and town halls across the country will explain what dementia is, what it is like to have the condition and what people can do to help if they meet someone with the symptoms.
Read all about it HERE